Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Proud of Veterans!

THANK YOU VETERANS PAST AND PRESENT
Bruce - Foster brother serving in Navy since 1992
Jack - Step brother, re-enlisted in the Army and served in Iraq about 1 year
Anthony - nephew serving in the Army about 2 years
Jim - Kimberly's husband who just safely returned from a 1 year deployment - Praise The Lord!
Kyle and Kelly - My college Pastor's sons serving in the Marines
All the men and women currently serving in the U.S. Armed Forces around the world. And to all the families who wait at home and pray. I am proud of you!
Mark - My cousin who flew many years with the Navy and later served in top security positions.
Dan - My cousin Jan's husband who has given his life to the US in military service and recently retired from the Pentagon, having narrowly survived 9/11.
Billy Pelton - My Dad's best friend from childhood who was killed in Vietnam.
Larry Sundquist - My cousin who died a hero in Korea on his 18th birthday. His death saved his unit.
Andy Glick - My Step Dad who raised me and served in both the Korean Conflict and the Pacific front during WWII as a Navy navigator. And to his brothers Fred and Hank who fought on the continent.
Mr. Porter - A Family friend who lost his legs in WWII.
Ron Jones - My cousin who served in the Marines during WWII and after.
Philip Hopkins - My Uncle who served in the Navy in WWII.
Alden Hopkins - Who could not go to war but worked a dairy farm in Carnation, Washington as an "essential worker" so that the farmer would be able to go to war.
Evelyn Larimore Wilson - My Grandma's sister who was a "Rosie The Riveter" in the shipyards during WWII.
Ray Beigle - My Grandpa's cousin who welded ships during WWII.
Albin Johnson - My great Grandpa who was born in Sweden but served his chosen country in WWI in France, Belgium and Germany with the 101st Engineers.
Fred Tisdale - My great Grandpa who tried to serve in WWI but was not accepted due to age. He worked with the YMCA and relieved a male teacher so that he could go to war.
Alexander Burczinski Smith - my gg Grandpa from Poland who served in the US Army in the west in the 1870s and 1880s.
William Wadsworth Hopkins, George Hopkins and Dan Gilbert Hopkins - Three brothers from my Michigan family who served in the Civil War. Dan never came home from the Battle of South Mountain, William (my ancestor) died afterwards of Typhoid Fever and George went on to a political and military career including adjutant to Alger, the Secretary of War of the United States.
Silas Wolcott, Consider Hopkins, Abraham Crittenden, Andrew Parker, James Larimore, Jonathan Kellogg and countless other familiy members (ancestors) who fought for freedom in the Revolutionary War and before.
To all of YOU, I am proud and thankful. You are all fine examples of what happens when we work together for a cause. God bless you!

No comments: